Now Hiring: Guitar Quality Control Technician
Cordoba Music Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of acoustic and electric guitars, ukuleles, basses and musical instrument accessories. Some of CMG’s brands include Cordoba Guitars®, Guild Guitars®, DeArmond® and HumiCase®, which are internationally distributed and played by a wide range of musicians. Cordoba is the largest supplier of nylon string guitars and ukuleles in U.S. retail chains, online retailers, and independent dealers across the USA. Guild is an iconic brand of acoustic and electric instruments with roots going back to the early 50’s. Other CMG brands include Savarez®, and Aquila®, of which CMG is the largest importer and U.S. distributor. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Santa Monica, CA, and distribution and manufacturing facility is in Oxnard, CA.
This position is located at our Oxnard, CA facility.
Please note – This position is for an experienced Quality Control Technician, and is not meant as an “entry level” position for persons with zero related experience or guitarists/musicians looking to get into the field of fretted instrument auditing/repair/inspection. Extensive, working knowledge of, and experience with fretted instruments is a must.
- Perform efficient, thorough Quality Control inspection/setups according to factory specifications
- Repair instruments as necessary. Repairs can include buffing, soldering, fret level/crowning/ends
- Communicate with and report directly to Quality Control Director
- Communicate and work directly with Quality Control Team Lead
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned
- Familiarity with and a working knowledge of: Nylon and Steel String acoustic guitars, electric guitars, ukuleles, and basses.
- A strict auditory sensibility and understanding of guitar maintenance and repair
- Ability to identify issues such as compression hump, neck twist, bridge bellying, bridge pop off.
- Team oriented, professional, eager to learn and willing to go the extra mile to achieve the best result
- Know how to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve objectives.
- Multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-urgency, high energy environment.
- Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner and meet or exceed production goals
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Happy, motivated self-discipline and focus a must
- Passionate about music, specifically guitars of all shapes and sizes
- Ability to tune a guitar to pitch quickly and effectively and play simple scales
- Professional, punctual personal time management
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with use of computers, ERP systems, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for up to 75% of 8 hour work day
- A documented apprenticeship or diploma from a luthier school is a plus.
Please note that this job specification is not intended to be a complete list of duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.