Guitar Quality Control Technician
Cordoba Music Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of acoustic and electric guitars, ukuleles, basses and musical instrument accessories. Some of CMG’s brands include Cordoba Guitars®, Guild Guitars®, DeArmond® and HumiCase®, which are internationally distributed and played by a wide range of musicians. Cordoba is the largest supplier of nylon string guitars and ukuleles in U.S. retail chains, online retailers, and independent dealers across the USA. Guild is an iconic brand of acoustic and electric instruments with roots going back to the early 50’s. Other CMG brands include Savarez®, and Aquila®, of which CMG is the largest importer and U.S. distributor. The company’s corporate headquarters are located in Santa Monica, CA.
The Quality Control Technician will be responsible for inspection, repair and service support as a part of our team in Moerdijk, Netherlands. The Technician will work closely with internal team members in Europe and California, USA and will be primarily responsible to ensure proper and consistent quality inspection according to prescribed specifications, reporting, and product support for Europe operations.
Please note – This position is for an experienced Quality Control Technician, and is not meant as an “entry level” position for persons with zero related experience or guitarists/musicians looking to get into the field of fretted instrument auditing/repair/inspection. Extensive, working knowledge of, and experience with fretted instruments is a must.
- Perform efficient, thorough Quality Control inspection/setups according to factory specifications
- Repair instruments as necessary. Repairs can include buffing, soldering, fret level/crowning/ends
- Communicate with and report directly to Operations Manager and Director of Quality Control
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails from dealers and sales reps
- Processing dealer orders and warranty replacement parts shipping to dealers
- Vetting and submitting warranty claims, and processing related transactions
- Additional duties/responsibilities as assigned
- A documented apprenticeship or diploma from a luthier school is a plus.
- Familiarity with and a working knowledge of: nylon and steel string acoustic guitars, electric guitars, ukuleles, and basses.
- A strict auditory sensibility and understanding of guitar maintenance and repair
- Ability to identify issues such as compression hump, neck twist, bridge bellying, bridge pop off.
- Ability to tune a guitar to pitch quickly and effectively and play simple scales
- Required languages: Dutch, English, German (a plus if able to speak/write more languages than these 3)
- Varied administrative functions including, but not limited to, data entry, invoicing, reconciliation in multiple systems
- Comfortable with heavy email and phone calls, including inside sales support and customer service
- Team oriented, professional, eager to learn and willing to go the extra mile to achieve the best result
- Know how to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve objectives
- Multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-urgency, high energy environment.
- Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner and meet or exceed production goals
- Happy, motivated self-discipline and focus a must
- Passionate about music, specifically guitars of all shapes and sizes
- Professional, punctual personal time management
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfortable with use of computers, ERP systems, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel)
- Able to lift up to 12 kg and stand for up to 75% of 8-hour work day
Please send cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to email@example.com with “Quality Control Technician Europe” followed by your name as the subject. No phone calls please.
Please note that this job specification is not intended to be a complete list of duties, and additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.